[Bilbys] Farrell-Marshall Run – last chance to enter!

Jane E Keeley janekeeley1 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 14 21:11:02 EST 2008

Entries are open for the annual Farrell-Marshall club run, where the person with the best guess wins!  The run is on this Thursday, 16 Oct at 6pm at Stromlo Forest Park. All you have to do is guess your time to run 5km, take off your watch for the race and the winner is the person with the closest guess – not necessarily the fastest person!  The entry fee is $5. 1st prize is $150 cash, and there will be cash prizes for 2nd and 3rd best guess from the pool of entry fees, a prize for the worst guess, and there will also be barrel draw prizes from our lovely sponsors. Special thanks to Jamie from Freshstart Mortgage Solutions who has donated the cash prize for the best guess - thanks Jamie!
We currently only have 9 runners entered. Entries close tomorrow at 5pm, and no entries will be accepted on the day. Unfortunately if we don't have enough entries the run won't be able to go ahead on Thursday.
And why not take advantage of daylight savings and stick around after the run for pizza and soft drinks for $5 per person. When: Thursday 16 October, 5:45-6pm registration and race numbering, 6:05pm race start, 6:45ish prize presentation and pizza Where: Stromlo Forest Park cross country track in front of the grandstand (map available at http://www.stromloforestpark.com.au/map/index.html) Distance: 5km, (two laps of the full circuit, handicapped start) Cost: $5 race entry + $5 for pizza and soft drink if you'd like to stick around after the race RSVP: to frances.mcnamara at bilbys.org with your race time guess and if you are staying for pizza by 5pm Wednesday 15 October.